SureVoice is a powerful Voice Over IP (VOIP) phone system designed to support the diverse communication needs of today’s businesses. This revolutionary phone system:
- Simplifies communication throughout the company
- Saves the business money
- Provides tons of features that help businesses do business
SureVoice isn’t just a phone system; it is a more economical and efficient way to do business. Its powerful technology includes a strong, intuitive feature set. Most importantly, it is supported by an incredibly skilled and dedicated group of people who are a part of one of Wisconsin’s fastest growing technology companies (learn more about Information Technology Professionals).
With SureVoice you get:
- A custom VOIP-ready assessment that verifies SureVoice will be a great fit for your business.
- 100% service availability guarantee. You will get a dial tone every time you pick up the phone. Period.
- Unlimited local and long-distance calling throughout the U.S. and Canada included – no additional phone bills – ever!
- Unlimited support, including technical support, adds, moves, changes, etc.
- A wide selection of phones to fit your business’ needs.
- An exceptional feature set that makes your business communications easier and more versatile.
- Call flow and system customization built for the way you communicate.
- Personal, onsite training on how to use the system.
There is no upfront, capital expense with SureVoice. You simply pay a monthly fee and receive all the equipment you need (phones, switches, routers, etc.), unlimited calling, and unlimited support.
Monthly pricing depends upon the brand and type of phones used and is based on the number of phones. However, pricing traditionally falls within the following ranges:
Number of Phones Approximate cost per phone:
|5 to 20||$40 to $55|
|21 to 50||$35 to $45|
|51 to 100||$25 to $40|
|100+||$20 to $30|
How it works
Like many other phone systems, SureVoice uses VOIP technology. However, SureVoice has superior call-handling functionality and is far more flexible than other phone systems. It has three basic components: Internet access, call handling servers, and phones.